• CobraChicken@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

That’s not even all of the bullshit.

In every other mouse the sensor is at the center of the body. On magic mouse the sensor is at the front under your fingers as you can see in the OP thumbnail.

That makes it very hard to adapt to when you’re coming off of other mice. When you’re moving the mouse you better not slightly rotate it out of habit and ergonomics because the cursor will move weird.

I really tried giving it a shot because I like apple gestures. They work fabulously well on the trackpad. The magic mouse is garbage in every category really.

• aeronmelon@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I have been using LogiTech mice since 1994 and I don’t intend to stop until I’m dead.

If LogiTech goes bankrupt, I will spend the rest of my life buying used mice.

• superterran@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Logitech definitely doesn’t deserve this level of brand loyalty but I basically feel the same way

• SnipingNinja@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I like the idea of magic mouse gestures but I’ll never use it because of gestures vaguely at Apple

• I Cast Fist@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

That makes it very hard to adapt to when you’re coming off of other mice

“You unworthy peasant, you should be grateful that our products even work under your dirty, uncouth hands!” - Apple, probably