Dear MicroG

I want to install LineageOS for microG.

I have read the instructions very carefully.

They say I only need 2 files.

BUT the download page https://download.lineage.microg.org/jfltexx/
lists 8 files (NOT 2).

Is there anyone reading this who has actually installed
" LineageOS for microG " on a smartphone who could help me with ONE QUESTION please ?

Q1. Which 2 of these 8 files do I need to use to successfully install LineageOS for microG on my phone ?

In case it’s important -

phone is Samsung Galaxy S4 GT - I9505 jfltexx,

with the latest stock Android 5.0.1

I am using a Mac with Mac os (not windows) and Heimdall (not Odin).

Yours sincerely ROMMMELLL

• khaosoiM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Are you following these instructions?

First of all, the 4 files ending with sha256sum are just checksum files to avoid corrupt downloads.

Probably the two files the instructions mentions and you are looking for, are:

• recovery image: lineage-18.1-20230613-microG-jfltexx-recovery.img
    • LineageOS with microG image: lineage-18.1-20230614-microG-jfltexx.zip

I don’t know jfltexx and have only skimmed the instructions. Please read them carefully and always double check.

• ilyaslesar
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

4 of these files are hash sums - they are just for checking that thw big files downloaded correctly

to answer your question we need to know - do you have any custom recovery installed on your phone? orange fox? twrp? if yes, then if i remember correctly you can just download a zip to your phones internal storage/sd card and flash this zip from the recovery. it should install boot image and all the needed files.

if you don’t have a custom recovery then i suggest looking into the description of the ROM (LineageOS) you are trying to install and looking which recoveries are compatible with it. it seems there is also a custom recovery image included in the folder you sent a link to, maybe it’s the only one that will work correctly with LineageOS. idk, so look into it and install the compatible recovery. usually if you don’t have any custom recovery installed that is done through the fastboot mode - when you can flash images over adb.

if anything i’ve said causes a “wtf what is this” then don’t worry, just read up a bit here. the article is a bit dated but the core concepts haven’t changed all that much.

• ROMMMELLLOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks I.

I haven’t done anything to the stock set up yet. I am just about to start.

Thanks for the tips.