If anyone is looking for something new to watch I can really recommend Jury Duty. Haven’t finished it yet, but it’s really funny and entertaining so far. What are your thoughts?

• cyberic
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I finished it in a one day binge. Absolutely hilarious. Peak The Office and Parks & Rec humor that I haven’t really seen since they ended. Highly recommend this show (especially how wholesome it is during the reveal in the last episode.)

• plisken@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Similarly, There’s a similar show from the early 2000s called The Joe Schmo Show. Recommend checking it out (Seasons 1 and 2 are worth watching for sure).

• chibi_chibi_neko@lemmy.film
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I really enjoyed it. I also liked all the behind the scenes stuff and how they had to change things on the fly.

I know that Amazon/Freevee is hoping to enter it for awards season. It is in a grey area though since it is scripted expect for the main guy.

The categories are much more strict now since the studios have been gaming the system so they don’t compete with their other shows by putting them in different categories. I don’t know what category Jury Duty would fit under since they have been strict this season.

• FurtiveFugitive@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I didn’t read the title correctly and was pretty blown over that you paused your 1995 Pauly Shore movie before he figures out who the killer is, to post about it!