• hottari@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

No paid media streaming service could ever topple an automated Jellyfin server. Who wants to scroll through pages of dogshit content just to find something decent to watch?

• Hellfool@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I have my own personal plex server that I pretty much only use for downloading 4K Remux files, so I’m used to pirating shit. I gotta say Stremio w/ Real Debrid sub is super fucking good. I only use it on my phone, so to be able to pull up any movie or tv show on the go for like $4 bucks a month for it’s cheapest option is crazy. I’m sure it’ll get nuked at some point, but currently 6 months goes for $18 dollars. I spend that much on lunch some days. It’s a really good deal that requires 0 effort on my part. I think we should be open to supporting good services and consider ourselves pirates still.

• hottari@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

If you are consuming media in any non-DRM format, then you are effectively a pirate.

As much as I like Real Debrid, over a long enough period the subscriptions should get you a raspberry Pi as a home media server. I personally like having more control over my media.

• Moonguide@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Question, I’m not techy enough to know anything about jellyfin other than it probably is similar to kodi, which I used briefly but ended up using Stremio instead.

Do you need to download your library? Or can you browse through repositories?

• hottari@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

You need to download the library just like you normally would with Kodi. Stremio is neat too. I like the new UI refresh.