Hi, Just keeping the momentum going. This release brings default sorting options for posts and an improved image viewer.

Still on the hunt for a new app icon, if you know a designer please let me know!

Changelog:

• Added default sorting option for posts
  • Added better image viewer
  • Adjusted Drawer header text colour for legibility
  • Make swipe actions slightly more responsive
  • Fix an SSL issue on Android 7
  • Added block user and community options to the post card three dot menu
  • Fixed a text ovelap issue for long display names
  • Added an expand option to Profile options and some swipe animations to make things look nice
  • Added message button to person views
  • Fixed an issue with fullwidth card height
  • Added a divider when viewing fullwidth card posts
  • When signed in a guest there is now a sign out button

Note: as of writing this post 1.0.44 is still publishing in Google Play. If you’re on 1.0.43 the only different is a bug in the image view where the three dot menu wasn’t showing up.

Links:

-kuroneko

• sikhness@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Love the new community options that are present!

A few things I’d like to add as feedback if that’s ok!

• The community drawer has the 3 dot menu beside each community and I think that would be a great spot to have the “About Community” option show up in addition of where it is now (by having to go into the community from the drawer and then using the menu from the top right)
    • There should also be a way to view the entire instance about page as well (such as lemmy.ca) with all the necessary info and user counts and such!
    • When replying to a post directly, it should show the original post on the top for reference. Similarly to how it shows the original comment when you’re replying to a comment
    • On the same note of replying, when replying to a post or comment in general, it would be nice to see the username of the original poster/comment in the event you need to refer to them
    • When theres a new item in your inbox, it should show somehow (possibly an indicator on the main hamburger menu and also beside the Inbox menu item in the drawer).
    • I’ve noticed that sometimes as you’re browsing around, the animation of opening and closing posts either breaks or becomes much faster than normal. I have no idea how to consistently reproduce it but it happens adhoc. Not a big issue but just so you’re aware in case you notice it yourself and are able to find a fix.

Love the app!