I’ve built a bonemeal farm for the first time, in the past I never really missed it or thought it would be worth it. It’s actually amazing! I used a moss based design and it was cheap and easy to build. Right after I added a micro crop farm for farming wheat which gave me easy access to the mud bricks - what a cool building block! Afterwards I realized I can set up a quick flower farm for dying all the white wool I have left over. I’ll try a tree farm next, let’s see if it’ll be another must-have farm for me!

• puddy@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I wouldn’t consider it to be super compact, almost two chunks and an estimated 15 block height… But still possible to hide underground of course. I’ll try to hook it up with a fully automated tree farm and some furnaces that keep making charcoal. The charcoal will be nice but I imagine it may be the perfect way to provide xp for repairing single tools. Maybe I’ll come up with some logic that can charge a furnace with the exact right amount of xp to fully repair a netherite tool before switching to the next furnace… I already figured out a compact way to fuel the furnace from underground. It’ll make great repair stations spread throughout my base :3

I’m playing on a server so it could run 24/7 to charge xp, so even a slow rate will be fine.

• Mishmash2000@lemmy.nz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

OK, sounds way beyond me :-D Would like to see a screen shot of it though. I really need to up my farm & redstone game!