What games are you planning to buy or already bought?

There are 14 daily trading cards you can get (1 per day) for exploring your queue.

Also 14 daily stickers for visiting a sale category.

1000 points nets you a summer sale badge here.

• simple@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

This is a great sale, I’m a bit jealous that I own everything I want lately. Some highlights:

• Ori Will of the Wisps for $8
    • CrossCode for $6
    • Hollow Knight for $7.5
    • Monster Train + DLC for ~$13
    • Mortal Kombat 11 for $5
    • Little Nightmares 2 for $10
    • Oxygen Not Included for $8.5
    • Control Ultimate Edition for $10
    • Devil May Cry 5 for $10
    • Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition for $5
    • Portosian@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

How is Monster Train? I usually don’t go for card games, but I played a lot of Slay the Spire.

I second Oxygen Not Included, but skip the DLC

• simple@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Monster train is lovely. I actually prefer it to Slay the Spire, but it is a little bit more complex. I would highly recommend not playing with the DLC at the start because that makes things a lot more complicated. If you do end up buying the DLC, there’s an option to turn it off. Only when you’ve mastered the game should you turn it on.

• FiveMacs@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Anything INDY that looks fun. I refuse to buy anything ‘AAA’ branded because none of them deserve money or my attention anymore.

• nanoUFO@sh.itjust.worksOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Hard to say without knowing what genres you play, but you can’t go wrong with rimworld or hollow knight.

• FiveMacs@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Sorry, that wasn’t a question but a statement. I will only play Indy games. I have blacklisted anything from the AAA studios because of pure corporate greed.

Played both those games and enjoyed them.

• Dayst0rm@sh.itjust.works
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I spent way too fucking much. I bought.

Stellaris

The Long Dark DLC

Atomic Heart

Eve Online Omega

RainWorld

Vermintide II

Starship Troopers—

• nanoUFO@sh.itjust.worksOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

True but that resulted in it’s own problems. Think the issue these days is publishers/devs get greedy and suddenly the discounts are worse? You can track the discounts with steamdb and for example the forests devs literally made the worst sale on their game since it came out. Probably to cash on the fact that the new one came out and people might want to check the older one. I wanted to get far cry 3 and was surprised to find the sale was worse (i’m not going to give ubisoft more money, i’d give it to indie devs but not ubisoft).

• CheesecakeMilitia@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I know they’re on the verge of upcoming remakes and their current discounts aren’t much, but I’m excited to play Lisa: The Painful and Persona 3 Portable - in the latter’s case I’ve already played P3FES but I wanted to hold off on playing the FemC route until either Atlus or fans added in manual skill inheritance - by far the feature I missed most from P4G and P5R. Thankfully, modders have accomplished that and more for P3P.

• Evrala@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Once I found out the femmc wasn’t going to be in the Persona 3 Remake all of my interest in it died.

• Shjosan@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Started the sale of with grabbing Melatonin, its great if you like rhythm games

• CheesecakeMilitia@vlemmy.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The Dark Souls series being on sale for the first time since Elden Ring launched has me in heaven. Been waiting over a year to pick these games up - I even resorted to family sharing a friend’s account to play Dark Souls 3 and loved every second of it. Dark Souls 1 and 2 are harder to go back to, but picking them up for $20 a piece is nice.

• PsiOc@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Bought myself sekiro. Already played it once using a friend’s account but very excited to go through it again. Easily top 3 fromsoft game for me

• a_random_fox
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I got Backpack Hero. Played the demo on itch.io last year and i enjoyed it back then so i already planned on buying it at some point, and seeing it on sale gave me the push to actually do that. And this newer version is good, some mechanics like the curse system have been improved and obviously this version has more content.

• AZmaybe9@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Protodroid Delta, Rusted Moss, Roboquest, The Last Tinker.

Been feeling like going for the nostalgia platformed stuff lately!

• Corr@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve been eyeing rusted moss. Looks really neat. Have you played it yet?

• AZmaybe9@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Right off the bat I can tell you it’s like Metroid and Celeste had a baby with a grappling hook system. It also has controller support! Story just drops you in the middle of things which is… An odd choice but I guess it’s a piecing together kind of thing. Charming music as well.

• Corr@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Okay, that’s great. It looks really nice lol. I’ve got a few games to check out before I get to this one but it’s on my wishlist for sure and it’ll be something I get soon (hopefully)

• GooseFinger@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t know if it’s on sale but BattleBit Remastered is the best casual FPS I’ve played in years. I figure it’ll tide me over until Starfield comes out. I asked off work to play it on release haha

• atlasraven31@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Some Mecha game… Phantom Brigade or Front Mission. I need something to scratch that itch.

• Murdoc@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve been waiting for Sin Gold to go on sale so I got that.

Now I’m debating on Cities: Skylines or not. Sure, $11 seems like a great price, but there is over $500 in dlc! I mean I don’t need or even want all of them, but my disposable income is pretty lacking.

And Jurassic World 2 is haunting or mocking me because I refuse to buy it before I finish the first one (so I don’t get tempted and skip it). But finishing it is hard when I have so many other games taking up my time. (Oh, first world problems! lol)