A The Office reboot is reportedly in the works, with the original American showrunner attached to return.

The news about the reboot came in the context of mentioning all the projects and deals that are going to be announced once the writers’ strike officially ends. There’s no word yet on casting.

it would be set in the same overall universe but not necessarily feature the same characters. However, some The Office cast members, including John Krasinski and Mindy Kaling, have expressed they’d be open to revisiting their famous roles if the circumstances were right.

• Stormyfemme@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I recommend The Morning Show to anyone who will listen to me. Apple just releases the wildest stuff.

• comicallycluttered@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Severance is one of the best new shows I’ve watched in the last two or three years.

Apple is actually kind of killing it.

The Afterparty is pretty fun as well. Didn’t know how they’d pull off a second season, but I enjoyed it (even if it wasn’t as fun as the first). Having a small portion of the season basically being an excuse to shit on crypto and Reddit made it pretty funny.

Also, casting was on point as usual. Getting Jared from Silicon Valley to play a dead cryptobro was a great choice.

• acastcandream@beehaw.org
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

While I don’t love the story so far (aside from the Empire stuff) Foundation is decent fun and an absolute treat to look at.

• Deceptichum@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Creativity is alive and kicking. You’ll just find it on YT by a small time content creator and not a Hollywood/TV media business.

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

What channels on YouTube? YouTube has felt like AI generated content for a long time, since so many videos will follow the pattern of being a stretched out length, sponsor drop, and begs for likes and subscribe because of what determines algorithm visibility. Creativity feels like it’s all suppressed with searches showing content from the same big channels too.

Feel like Rocket Jump with VGHS was the last era of channels attempting to make original TV/movie content. YouTube feels like it’s filled with mainly talking heads these days. Not really know of many channels that tried for TV style episodic videos like Rocket Jump did with VGHS.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Uhh theres countless channels? It’s about what you subscribe to, not what ever nonsense is taking up the front page.

My YT is full of history, biology, re-enactments, technology, and some light gaming. Content ranges from people cooking 2,000 year old recipes to a look at some 1980s LaserDisk player

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

But, those aren’t tv shows or movies. They share more in common with reality TV and talk shows and podcasts.

When I heard YouTube is more creative with this being a topic about The Office I figured it was creative alternatives to tv show and movie alternatives you might have been suggesting. Like VGHS YouTube series as I mentioned.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              9 months ago

How is a cooking show more in common with reality tv than a tv show?

If you want plot driven stuff, I dunno there’s Joel Haver shorts and probably a million others on there.

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                9 months ago

TV shows I look for are more narrative driven stories that are unfolding with characters and plot.

Cooking show is more in the realm of reality TV with less scripted presentation even though it is scripted. It’s easier to find traditional TV show and talk show alternatives on YouTube than there is to find series along the vein of Fargo, Succession, The Office, House of the Dragon, etc.

Joe Haver is more shorts or skits, but not what I’m looking for. It’s why I keep coming back to VGHS. It was the most ambitious attempt at offering a TV show on YouTube.

That’s the type of narrative creativity that I’m looking for over usual x person talking and explaining or summarizing things that usually tends be the general YouTube content. Or some short skits.

Lenghty story driven content is just not really prevalent on YouTube, or have much selection if there is like there is when it comes to the numerous shows on Netflix to select from. Not surprising either given the budget required for TV shows and movies, which is why there’s been no more VGHS type ambitious projects I know of that showed on YouTube since then.