Oof.

• Hazdaz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

What the fuck are they thinking? The Z that you want with the LSD is a $10k added to the $40k base price. I think the base price is actually not bad, but you shouldn’t need to spent $10k to get the next model up. And then $26k more to get this Nismo.

Here, Nissan, let me solve this for you. Keep the base price of the Z at $40k. Make the next step up with the LSD a $5k bump up to $45k. And this Nismo should be no more than another $10 on top of that, to $55k. Then you are competitive.

• Krakatoa@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Unfortunately, most dealers will still mark it up $10k+ on top of your suggested pricing.

• thisisawayoflife@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

You’ll never get it at MSRP though. Dealers think the Z is some fanciful sports car demanding a 25k+ premium. It’s slower than my 12 year old Corvette, and I can order a C8 from MacMulkin (which is WAY better than a Z) for not that much more than dealer markup on the Z.

• BallShapedMan@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

My 2014 Z51 Corvette will eat it’s lunch and I paid a lot less for it. Plus it’s an M7 and gets tons of attention (from boys and old men).

• Krakatoa@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I wonder why the author didn’t include the Z’s supposed main competition, the Toyota Supra.