Tensions flared in the House of Commons on Monday over opposition calls for House of Commons Speaker Anthony Rota to resign after apologizing to the House of Commons for inviting, recognizing and leading the chamber in a standing ovation for a man who fought for a Nazi unit during the Second World War.

• Oderus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

You sure are coming off as very judgmental.

No one knows what this guy did during WWII but you’re all so quick to assume because he was SS he most certainly did something bad. That’s lazy thinking and if you had any shame, you’d be embarrassed by your words

Like Oskar Schindler, he too was a Nazi but he saved lots of Jews and Jews love him for it. I’ve not heard 1 Jew call Oskar a Nazi but this entire thread is acting like just being SS means you’re the worst person in the world, without any merit.

We sure live in a fucked up place where merit doesn’t matter and the opinion of people who admittedly know nothing and are just assuming from nothing.

I also didn’t say Hitler Youth and the SS were comparable. You clearly don’t know how to read if someone is making a comparison or not so you come off as uneducated and ignorant.

For someone who told me I don’t know much, it’s clear as day that you don’t know much.