Tinder Launches $499 USD-Per-Month “Tinder Select” Membership::Tinder has rolled out its promised high-end membership, a pricey $499 per month subscription dubbed “Tinder Select,” which includes unique perks like the

• Polar@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Oh not even that. Back when I used Tinder in 2019, and you were a guy, you pretty much had to buy Tinder gold or whatever it was.

Tinder limit your swipes, intentionally showed you dead profiles, and some other shit I forget.

Same with older people. If you’re older, Tinder costs more.

Tinder is a predatory app. They benefit from you NOT finding a match.

• angstylittlecatboy@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I know there’s no laws that allow the people of the USA to prosecute companies for business models that destroy the fabric of society, and I even fear that kind of law could be abused to prosecute abortion clinics and LGBT rights orgs…but dating apps make me wish there was.

Andrew Tate…PUAs…Red Pillers…it all only makes sense in a world where dating apps are the primary way we meet people.

• CoffeeBot@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m back on the dating scene in my early 30’s and I try to be hostile to their algorithm by force quitting and leaving the app closed which seems to trigger it to try and be more engaging.

I also tried gold only to have my filters just not work. Why would I be interested in matching someone 6000km away or someone with kids even though I’ve tried filtering them out? Ask Tinder I guess. Why would I pay for a service that doesn’t even work. Now that I’m not paying the “likes” seem to roll in even though I frequently run out of users for my area.