There’s all the bright lights and noise of Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day, or even the beach. There are so many social expectations we struggle with. And the heat itself can be overwhelming. Does anyone else find summer heat to be completely draining? It’s so much mental and emotional labor…

• T0rrent01@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Seriously privileged people in the US can be so entitled, they seem to not know life outside of their own little air-conditioned bubble. They take everything for granted and it’s so ridiculous.

It’s almost like there are more countries in the world than the US. And more cultures in the world than white America.

• ThatWeirdGuy1001@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Jesus Christ you sound like an asshole.

I’m autistic and to have this level of reaction to someone attempting to agree with you is just vile.

You need to take a look at yourself ffs

• T0rrent01@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh dear, I’m so sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings!! It’s so hard to understand other people’s feelings. One of the hardest parts of being ND.

• LynnTheChaoticWitch@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

You can still take responsibility for being an ass even if you didn’t realise it immediately. Don’t double down and blame the victim.

• neonfire@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

no one brought up the US. Plenty of old homes and apartments don’t have AC. You can buy them yourself and stick it in the window. Plenty of non white folk in the US have AC. hth

• LynnTheChaoticWitch@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Implicit racism; up there with “white kids and poor kids” from Joe Biden. The idea that Black/African American=Poor and in the hood, is really 60s era.