I know this is a silly question, especially as I’m currently focused on local-only feeds, but there’s just one part of the Fediverse I wish would get more love: PeerTube. While there aren’t a lot of people actively looking for alternative video hosts outside the big guys (Twitch, YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.), it would be nice to see wider adoption of PeerTube. I think better integration with other softwares would be helpful in that regard, if for no other reason than just that it brings attention to the services available.

• bluGill@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Who is mirroring? If it is the video authors that is good that they mirror to peertube. If it is someone else that gets into copyright law and needs to be squashed (unless permission is obtained)

• PabloDiscobar@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It will be someone else. Like someone who wants to host his favorite playlist somewhere else than youtube where the ablockblockers are coming.

It will be more than a full time job to delete the copyrighted content. Specially when you know that youtube and the creators will have a business reason to do so. If you are too slow, boom, if you miss a video, boom.Video content is dangerous to host.