I was wondering if there’s any sort of homepage like on reddit where it shows up with posts from the subs you’ve subscribed to? I can’t find anything like that, but maybe I’m not looking in the right place. And if there isn’t something like that, is the only point to subscribing to communities that you can find them on your subscriptions list more easily? Or is there anything else that it does?

• Roucan@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think you can view a feed of only your subscribed options. I’m just looking at all rn because I don’t have any subs

• nepatriots32@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Ah yes, I see I’m stupid now. Haha, didn’t even look there because I was assuming the lemmy.world page would only have posts posted directly there, but that does make a lot of sense! Thanks! Now that I’m getting a feel for things, this really isn’t that different from reddit. It’s just a lot smaller and not controlled by corporate greed.

• Gerryflap@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Additionally you can make the homepage start at “subscribed” via the settings. Otherwise it switches back every time

• nepatriots32@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Oh, thanks! I found it and changed it.

I also realize now that I had gone to lemmy.world/c/lemmyworld, and that’s why I hadn’t noticed it before. I didn’t even realize there was a difference, lol.

• prole@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

You can also subscribe to communities in instances that lemmy.world is federated with. For example, I’m from sh.itjust.works, and viewing this post from my homepage there.