If you click on the “more” button under a comment or link there will be an activity tab. In this tab you can see everyone who has boosted, favourited or reduced the post. I’m not sure if this a
Is a good feature but it’s interesting to see when someone decides to reduce all of your content for no reason.

• zeste@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It is interesting. It might even help negate hivemind behaviour because your name is tied to your actions.

• minnieo@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

thats my thinking. im on the fence, but it does force accountability for people who downvote for no reason

• ShadowRunner@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It also constrains people from participating in the community if the things they support or object to would cause harassment or harm from people who know who they are, which is not always preventable, for example a shared household, using kbin from work (activity monitored), etc…

I could easily see an Amazon worker getting fired because they were logged upvoting pro-union threads. They wouldn’t even need to be doing this from a company network - just accessing kbin once on their network for any reason would have their user name associated with them, and then Amazon can simply monitor their activity on kbin even when they are using it from home.

• FaceDeer@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s worth experimenting with.

Over on Reddit, the RES extension keeps track of who you upvote and downvote and will display a little indicator next to their username telling you the tally of your personal upvote/downvote total for him. I rarely ever remembered people by name, but it was notable to me when I’m reading through a thread and see someone flagged [+100] or whatever.

With the Fediverse, you could actually flag users with two values - your total upvote/downvotes for him, and his total upvote/downvotes for you. That’d be interesting to see.