If you click on the “more” button under a comment or link there will be an activity tab. In this tab you can see everyone who has boosted, favourited or reduced the post. I’m not sure if this a
Is a good feature but it’s interesting to see when someone decides to reduce all of your content for no reason.

• PabloDiscobar@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The data is accessible by nature, and we will probably soon have scripts and extension which will trigger a war of downvotes and counter-downvotes and bot attrition.

• Kichae@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The easy solution to half of that is to just eliminate down votes. I don’t think they’re anywhere near as useful as people seem to want to believe.

• ShadowRunner@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I disagree with you.

I’ve seen downvoting used very often to very quickly make trolls, spam, and highly offensive attacks disappear at the bottom.

• FaceDeer@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I’ve not seen that on the Fediverse yet, but I have definitely seen comments that were merely unpopular opinions being heavily downvoted.

I’m thinking this might be a nice user-configurable option. If you don’t think downvotes are valuable, disable them for yourself and you’ll see the site as if downvotes didn’t exist. Maybe another option could eliminate voting entirely, which would solve the privacy concerns too.