If you click on the “more” button under a comment or link there will be an activity tab. In this tab you can see everyone who has boosted, favourited or reduced the post. I’m not sure if this a
Is a good feature but it’s interesting to see when someone decides to reduce all of your content for no reason.

• patchw3rk@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve had some time to think about it and I think I actually like the current setup. “Boost” provides more visibility to a post, while “upvote” and “downvote” is synonymous with agree/disagree.

In a way, I can disagree with someone AND boost it. Disagreeing with someone doesn’t have to be hostile. I think it would be healthy if a community could disagree with each other in a civil manner.

I also like that if someone disagrees, that person cannot influence if the post gets less visibility.

• BaldProphet@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Except downvoting does reduce content’s visibility, and people are downvoting content that they don’t really have anything to do with because it shows up in their All feed. Certain niche magazines and magazines for vulnerable communities are at risk of vote bullying in the current system.