If you click on the “more” button under a comment or link there will be an activity tab. In this tab you can see everyone who has boosted, favourited or reduced the post. I’m not sure if this a
Is a good feature but it’s interesting to see when someone decides to reduce all of your content for no reason.

• FaceDeer@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Reddit’s comments were archived by third parties too, it’s possible to download a backup of everything ever posted to it. Ironically enough the API changes will make that a lot harder to accomplish now, though it can still be done.

• PabloDiscobar@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Even more ironically I’m using this offline backup to dig out my comments id’s so I can delete them surgically in the live database.

Turned out that I had more than 30k comments on reddit. Just to give an idea of how much of reddit content can remain if you delete using the API in a “normal” way. I managed to only delete like 900 of them in the “normal” way.

If I had more time I would have made a double entry database where a user could return a list of his comments id’s based on his username. That would have purged the database way more efficiently.

• FaceDeer@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Since I will likely never come this close to an opportunity to brag about it again, as of last night I had 53,532 Reddit comments in my own offline archive of “things I’ve commented on.” I’ve been using a script to copy them for future reference, after this long on Reddit I find myself semi-frequently thinking “haven’t I had this argument before?” And then on checking finding that yes I did, four years ago. Simplifies things greatly to be able to copy and paste chunks of my old arguments into the new thread.