Like what there is for dolphin, but should be more straightforward with everyone having the same specs.

• Raphael@lemmy.mararead.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago
    • ProtonDB which lists Steam Deck as a separate category. Usually you will find users describing their settings if modification is needed.

• ShareDeck specifically for Steam Deck settings.

• SteamDeckHQ which has Steam Deck settings as well.

• Show Great on Deck as a Browser extension (Firefox/Chrome) which displays ProtonDB and SteamDeckHQ on the Steam Store and links directly to the correct subpages.

• NightOwl@lemmy.oneOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Now that I think about it feel like every game board on steam should have a steam deck section for people to submit settings that worked for them.

• fennec@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have no answer sadly but rather a similar question: are the default graphics settings on startup via the Steamdeck adjusted to the Steamdeck?

• azvasKvklenko@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Games can do that and some do, but mostly they run like on any other PC with their default settings, or sometimes they try to guess the initial settings based on the hardware spec (like texture quality based on amount of VRAM)

• fennec@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Ok. Playing Lake I noticed that the initially set graphics of high do sometimes cause stutters, so perhaps I should be scaling those down.

• morgan423@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

The Deck does not always like running games at high or ultra graphics settings.

The good news is that if you’re playing handheld on the native screen, a drop to low or medium for better frame rates isn’t always noticeable.

Same thing if you decide to run a game at a lower 16:10 resolution and then use FSR to upscale it… the bit of extra blur introduced isn’t that noticeable on the small screen. It’s a good trick to get a bit more oomph when running AAA games (like when I played through Jedi: Fallen Order last year, I set it to 500p and FSR to get a stable 40 FPS lock in most of the game).

• CookieCrumb@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There is a Decky Plugin called ProtonDB Badges which links to the games ProtonDB entry and people tend to document the settings that worked for them there. Might be worth a look.

• rowdy@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There is a Decky plugin. (I believe it’s called DeckSettings)

No idea where it sources the info - but it does exactly what you ask, right on the Deck in gaming mode.

• CookieCrumb@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

As far as I can tell that plugin is currently not in the Decky Plugin Store because the Dev didn’t properly maintain it. Though I’ve read the developer is working on a new version.

• rowdy@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Ah bummer. Thanks for the info. Hopefully it comes back - I used it to set up a bunch of games that. As is tradition, I haven’t played any of the games I setup lol