Russia on Wednesday accused Ukraine’s Western allies of helping plan and conduct last week’s missile strike on the Black Sea Fleet’s headquarters on the annexed Crimean Peninsula.

“There is no doubt that the attack had been planned in advance using Western intelligence means, NATO satellite assets and reconnaissance planes and was implemented upon the advice of American and British security agencies and in close coordination with them,” Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said at a briefing.

Moscow has repeatedly claimed that the U.S. and its NATO allies have effectively become involved in the conflict by supplying weapons to Ukraine and providing it with intelligence information and helping plan attacks on Russian facilities.

• The Snark Urge@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Remember when US intelligence announced ahead of the invasion that Russia was going to invade based on false pretenses?

Providing Ukraine with intelligence about the invasion literally predates the invasion.

• Pons_Aelius@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

So, let me get this straight.

Russia is upset that Ukraine’s allies are acting like, well allies.

• HikingVet@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

They lost their navy to a country that doesn’t have one.

They really should just pack up and go home.

• eighthourlunch@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

So you’re saying military aggression sucks, but only when it happens to you? Wow. You were so close to empathy.

• HubertManne@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I mean it was crimea so it technically was not even happening to them. I mean its not their land or water rights.

• Unaware7013@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Awww, does the big bully not like that their victim has friends smarter than them?

If you don’t want shit, don’t start shit.

• Jaysyn@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Yeah we did it.

So fucking what?

You gonna cry?

You gonna fuck around & find out what a 3-day war actually looks like?

• Clent@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Yeah, so?

What the fuck are they going to do about it?

I dare them to declare war on a NATO country.

• Burn_The_Right@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Came here to say this. Shit or get off the pot, Pootin’.

The chances of a Russian ICBM making it to any destination with effect is quite low. Aside from decades of black market stripping of parts and fuel, there are many who won’t turn the key because they don’t want to erase their own families (likely being unaware that other launches have been ordered).

• Kekzkrieger@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I thought it wasn’t a big deal since nothing happened at the headquater and nobody was injured or anything and if anything the great russian air defence surely caught all attempts to harm the headquaters