I keep feeling frustrated as valuable knowledge for my different hobbies over the last years became siloed away in corporate social media. I believe wikis could be a way out, but can we have decentralized, federated wiki software that can kind of talk among each other?

• manitcor@lemmy.intai.tech
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m looking for something more federated like IPFS/Lemmy where I can run an indexing node that crawls the systems my group cares about and federates the dataset out.

• crashex@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Is there an explanation for stupid of how SearXNG works? I tried it for a while after getting too frustrated with the Google enshittification, but couldn’t get results really.

• jgkawell@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s considered a meta search engine. Basically it queries a bunch of different search engines at once and then aggregates the results.

• crashex@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Self hosting at home is out of the question. I use an antenna to suck enough internet out of the air for daily needs in my remote valley. So I have started a small wiki farm on my webspace (is that indeed the same a tech person calls a VPN?)