Picked up a titanium bracelet and bezel kit in the recent AliExpress sale. I previously had a steel bezel + bracelet on this watch. While the bracelet and case are very well made it feels bizarre to have such a chunky watch feel about the same weight as the original resin parts! The original resin watch weighed about 50g. The new bracelet and bezel are 65g, so even with the module it’s only a few g more heavy than the original.

• TenSlot85@lemmy.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It was! A sapphire crystal replacement is the last (or next, anyway) thing to do. The mineral glass has a lot of scratches and chunks out of it even though they don’t really show in the picture. This is the watch I wear when I can’t bring myself to beat up one of my autos.

• TenSlot85@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

The titanium kit only took about ten minutes to install. Everything screwed together for the bezel and the bracelet has spring pin links.

The crystal replacement is a little more involved but still largely consists of removing the screen module and then pressing the crystal out and gluing the new one back in. It’s not very difficult, especially compared to servicing a mechanical watch.