Planned Parenthood Great Plains is holding a free two-day vasectomy clinic next month, and all the spots filled up in less than 48 hours.

• LurkNoMore@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

You know those water balloon toys with the hose hook up? It fills about 20 small water balloons and you have to sorta jiggle the hose to get the balloons to slide off.

Well, it felt like the doctor was pulling a hose on a mini version if this inside my boys.

Was legit horrible experience.

Don’t let anyone fool you. Sooooo glad it’s done.

• CraigeryTheKid@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I don’t know man, that doesn’t seem right. During my procedure, the actual “surgery”, I felt almost nothing.

I DID however, have intense soreness for several days after. But the procedure wasn’t bad.

Conclusion full agree - so much freedom, would do again, 5/5.

• Wayren@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

My experience was pretty similar to yours. Really no pain and recovery wasn’t even that bad.

• teuast@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Mine also didn’t really go beyond “uncomfortable.” I was moving pretty gingerly for about a week, but I started light running again after two weeks, easy road cycling after three, and was back to normal gravel biking after a month. Probably could have done earlier but didn’t want to push my luck.

One fun and one not-so-fun anecdote from that time:

1. I’m a music teacher and was about to start directing a student show showcasing the music of Elton John at the time. The doctor had a radio on, and when he finished up and pronounced the procedure complete, Tiny Dancer was playing. Something something just got rid of my Tiny Dancers. That song holds a special place in my heart as a result.

2. I got a lyft home from the procedure, and my driver had to stop at a gas station right after picking me up because she was pregnant and needed to pee. Apparently she had dropped out of college after finding out. I didn’t tell her what I had been at the hospital for, as that felt cruel.