Anyone else getting some random errors and 500s on here recently?

• Red@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Yeah, this is specifically on sh.itjust.works for those viewing this thread elsewhere, but I’m sure other instances are struggling too. I’m not even seeing 500s, just a generic Firefox “Cannot complete request” on mobile and connection resets on Jerboa.

Edit: ah, yep, here come the 500s mixed in there as well.

• imaqtpie@sh.itjust.worksM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

We are absolutely testing server capacity right now. And the reddit blackout is just starting. Gotta be prepared.

Edit: Apparently we are not testing server capacity just yet, there was a configuration that needed to be updated on the back end, as per the Dude.

• Fama@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

That’s 86% of the subs that said they would go dark, AFAIK. Not total reddit subs, I think there are something like 20k subs in reddit.

• sneakyninjapants@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Ohh that makes sense. In hindsight it stands to reason that they have more than 7200 subreddits. Still though, even if 7200 go dark that’s a sizable chunk of a redditor’s daily consumption. I can only hope that the majority of those will stay private for more than 48h, probably wont do any good but it would at least send a strong message.

• imaqtpie@sh.itjust.worksM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah I didn’t even realize it had already begun. I’m praying that this community stays alive, otherwise i gotta find another instance to make an account. Honestly I would love to get a donation link for the Dude but he’s too nice to ask for money. Just let us pay you and keep the server from going down bro.