• kameecoding@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

if you have been back to reddit, they might have growing numbers (probably due to shitty practices forcing you to use their app instead of mobile browser) etc. but the quality of discussions and the amount of bots just reposting the same comments skyrocketed.

I mean it’s a huge site, it won’t die, but if you look at it that way, Facebook is still alive, do you have a desire to spend time on that site though?

• cRazi_man@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Pleased to say I haven’t been back to Reddit (except to scrub my entire history there to nuke my account). Reddit quality going completely down the toilet is something seen long before these changes were made. It’s really sad to see that companies aren’t forced to make better products because people will put time and money into these shit platforms regardless.

• kameecoding@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

yeah I already noticed the downhill trend before the API changes but after it really went into a nosedive, expectedly the power users posting good shit just left, so rage bait reposts are the trending things.

• ohlaph@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I have been back to reddit to check things out from time to time. The quality has definitely degraded, and their changes to not seeing NSFW stuff without logging in or using their app has me visiting less and less.

The comment section is still nice, but I just don’t see the quality it once had.