So I’ve been looking through browser extensions to facilitate juggling between instances but so far I’ve only found extensions that open !community@instance.example in your own instance. That’s already pretty good but I was wondering if it wasn’t possible to make an extension search for a post you’re currently looking in an external instance, in your own instance. I see that the search API has a community_name parameter so I feel like a search query with the ‘q’ parameter to the post title and ‘community_name’ parameter to the external community name would do a pretty good job, but I can’t seem to make a query that works. Anyone knows if it’s a lemmy-ui issue, a back-end issue or perhaps a me issue ?

• PicoBlaanket@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

This User Script called Fediverse Redirector auto-redirects all Community, Post, and User pages to your home instance. It works well.

• Just click install on that page - it will be added to TamperMonkey (or similar).

• Then click settings (under the script) and enter your home lemmy instance.

And to directly answer your question: the raw code is visible in that repo, so you could explore how the post redirect query was constructed.

• Yorokobii@lemmy.fmhy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Oh yeah ! I’ve had violent monkey for a while but never had the need for it so I didn’t even think of looking that way. Thanks for the tip !