• dumples@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

It’s true that LinkedIn is the strangest social network. It’s useful to find a new job but I have never posted anything except automatic job updates. It’s so odd to see all of the things that people post. I don’t see the point of posting and reading the posts at all

• vettnerk@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I’m a regular user of linkedin. But before you accuse me of being a linkedinlunatic, I think I should mention that I have a reasonable use case.

My industry involves a lot of companies with not that many peole in it. So the typical way of switching employer is when people you’ve work with for 10 years suddenly get offered a good contract for jumping to someone else. Linkedin is how we usually keep in touch and recruit each other to whoever is paying well.

However, I tend to block people who post facebook-tier content on linkedin. I’m not on facebook, and that’s for a good reason: I don’t care about peoples holiday photos or home improvement projects. And the “inspiring” posts about ethics and morale tend to get blocked as well.

I’m generally not a very “corporative correct” person, but I’m still a professional. I take my hobbies elsewhere.