Hello everyone,

As someone with a background and deep passion for security, I’ve navigated the labyrinthine world of not only tech recruitment, but others as well, more than a few times. I’ve encountered a myriad of challenges that I believe many of us face but seldom discuss openly.

Generic Job Descriptions: Has anyone else noticed how many job descriptions in tech seem like they were written from a template? It’s frustrating to sift through dozens of job descriptions only to find they all seem eerily similar, making it challenging to understand what a company is truly looking for.

The Never-Ending Interview Process: Multiple rounds of interviews, technical assessments, and then maybe a ‘cultural fit’ interview. The process can be draining and time-consuming.

I’m keen to open a discussion and hear your thoughts and experiences.

• Have you faced similar challenges in tech recruitment?
  • How do you navigate the complexities?
  • Any tips for job seekers in tech, especially those interested in security?

Let’s discuss!

• yessikg@lemmy.film
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I applied for any job that mentioned anything I have experience in. Multiple interviews are stressful but it does make sense to keep each interview focused, rather than having one super long interview. My tips are apply to a lot of jobs and ask questions in the interview about the job\company. Good luck!

• kennebel@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Asking questions about the company, tools, processes, and other aspects is the right direction to find out if you want to work at a company.

If your only question is “when do/can I start?”, you have utterly failed the purpose of an interview. Also, before you have finished asking that “question “, it is likely the interviewer has already mentally thrown your resume in the trash.