Wefwef is an app that is basically a carbon copy of Apollo for Lemmy. You can check it out at this link below, it’s kind of like the gate room computer vs a DHD. Just something a little more familiar.

https://github.com/aeharding/wefwef

• clearedtoland@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I can’t begin to tell you how excited and overwhelmed I am with all the dev going into recreating the Apollo app (and general Reddit) experience.

At first glance, wefwef is dope! And it’s web-based? Wild. A bit curious about privacy because of that but I love that it’s lightweight.

I use Memmy by default. It’s fantastic and the dev has been super responsive.

• Kalothar@lemmy.fmhy.mlOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, I’m super excited to see what comes of this. It feels like a big experiment. I don’t know, like the internet is brand new, at least for me with this fediverse concept. Just has that kind of wild Wild West of the internet feel again.

• Chipthemonk@lemmy.fmhy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s shitty what has been happening to what were once great platforms, but it is exciting to see the new space that is opening. It may be that these new spaces are a slice of pure bliss for awhile as it takes the more tech conscious to come here. The fediverse, as it is so new, is filtering out people. Hopefully all the good folks come here and the dull ones stay on Reddit and Facebook.

• ThatGirlKylie@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m brand new to Lemmy, is there any way to find all of the communities(?), spaces(?) that I have registered and signed up for? I had to sign up with a username on every single space I just tried to look up.

Does wefwef list all of your communities under one login? Sorry, these kinds of websites, like mastodon are new to me and I’m used to like Reddit for instance with one login for everything.

• ThatGirlKylie@lemmy.fmhy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Thanks! This is definitely something new compared to how it was with pretty much every other website with only needing one account. But, I think I’m getting the hang of it.

Also is wefwef on the app store or is this a safari based only program for now? I tried searching the app store and was not able to find anything and I’m not well versed with github, but didn’t see anything in regards to installing it on the phone.

• Martineski@lemmy.fmhy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

You need only one account, it’s just that interacting with content from other instances is VERY underdeveloped and it takes you outside your instance because of how links work.

Edit: No idea about apps, I’m using official app “jerboa” and will check out other apps once they are more developed

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Seems like it’s a web client that’s focused on mobile experience so not a mobile app. I may be wrong tho.

• Chipthemonk@lemmy.fmhy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

It’s a web app, but it works amazingly well. I’m surprised at how smooth it runs. I guess that was Steve Job’s initial plan for apps, so maybe we shouldn’t be too surprised.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

There’s an issue on github in the works that will keep you on your instance when clicking on links to communities.