• Earl Turlet@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Google cases always seem hit-or-miss. I just buy the same Spigen case for every phone. I know I like it.

• Avg@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I had a spigen case for a year and a half with my pixel 6 pro, the phone was too heavy and was a bit painful to support it with my pinky finger along the bottom of the phone for an extended period of time.

Got a Google case and although it’s more comfortable, it’s more slippery and only dropped the phone a few times with it and now the top right corner is dead. In comparison, I dropped phones with the slim spigen case dozens of times without an issue.

• Lord_Logjam@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I bought an official case for my P6 and it was warped within 6 months. I replaced it with a Spigen liquid Air and it’s been perfect. I am going to look into an Android equivalent to Magsafe though as that looks very handy.

• sky@codesink.io
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I have a Peak Design case on my Pixel 6 Pro that has magsafe magnets in it. I’m too ingrained in that ecosystem to give it up when I switched to Android.

• Polar@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Quadlock. Then enjoy their awesome line of accessories.

I bought a mount for my tripod, car, arm, bike, and soon desk.

Now I can throw it on my dash in my car while wireless Android auto projects it onto my stereo. Get to my location and slap it on my arm. Get home, slap it on my bike and go for a ride. Get home again, throw it on a tripod to take videos, and then throw it on the mount on my desk while I edit the video.

It’s so fucking good. Bonus that my friends, family, and girlfriend all get to take advantage of all the accessories, too.

And when a new phone releases, you just gotta buy the new case. All previous accessories work.

• ayyndrew@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m quite interested in their Ghost cases, I like the MagSafe and dbrand are big enough that I can actually trust their claim of it never yellowing

• Avid Amoeba@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I’m curious about it too. If they’re the typical dbrand selves, they’d rip off the exact Apple pattern, allowing others to use say Apple-specific power banks and chargers. 🥲

• Avid Amoeba@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

It’s pretty great quality and it supports a skin for the back of the case should you want to customize it. I have a Teardown skin on mine. It shows an accurate depiction of the phone’s internals.