📣 Hey Lemma Community! Your Voice Matters! 📣

I’m thrilled to announce that I’m in the final stages of rewriting Lemma to make it faster, more efficient, and more feature-rich than ever before. But I’m not stopping there! I want to hear from YOU, the incredible Lemma community, about what settings and features you’d like to see in the upcoming update.

🚀 What’s coming in the update?

Performance Boost: I’m revamping the app’s core to make it lightning-fast and super responsive. Say goodbye to lag and hello to seamless browsing.

Improved Error Logging: I’m taking error reporting seriously. I want to ensure that any glitches or issues are logged and addressed promptly to enhance your overall experience.

New Settings: I’m introducing a bunch of new settings to give you more control over your app experience. But here’s the exciting part—I want your input!

🤔 What settings do YOU want to see?

Now’s your chance to shape the future of our app! Share your ideas, big or small, on the settings and features you’d like to have. Whether it’s enhancing privacy, customizing your feed, or adding a special feature you’ve always dreamed of, we’re all ears.

💬 How to Share Your Ideas

1. Read through the Upcoming Settings comment I left under the post, to see if you’re idea is already being implemented
  2. If you’re idea isn’t on the list yet, drop a comment on this post with your suggestions

🙏 Your Feedback Matters

I can’t stress enough how much I value your feedback. Your insights and ideas have been instrumental in shaping Lemma, and I’m committed to continuing this journey together.

Let’s make Lemma even more amazing, together! 🚀

Thank you for being a part of our incredible community. Stay tuned for more updates, and keep those brilliant ideas coming!

• gromdroid@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

👀 Upcoming Settings 👀

General

• Mark Read / Hiding Posts
      • Disable Marking Posts Read
      • Mark Read on Scroll
      • Show Hide Read Button
      • Auto Hide Read Posts
      • Disable in Communities
    • Upvote on Save
    • Default Sort
    • Remember Community Sort
    • Autoplay GIFs / Videos
    • Infinite Scrolling

Comments

• Default Sort
    • New Comments Highlighter
    • Tap to Collapse
    • Show Jump Button
    • Jump Button Position
    • New Account Highlighter

Safari

• Always Use Reader Mode

Other

• Default Feed to Load
    • Open Links in
    • Open Videos in YouTube App
    • Piped Videos instead of YouTube
    • No Subscribed in All/Local
    • Hide Username on Tab Bar
    • Haptic Feedback

NSFW

• Blur NSFW Content
    • Hide NSFW Content

Appearance

Themes

• App Theme
    • Comment Theme
    • Use System Light/Dark Mode
    • Pure Black Dark Mode
    • Reduce Smearing
    • Translucent Navigation Bars
    • Hide Navigation Bars on Scroll
    • Hide Scroll Bars
    • Text Size
    • Post Size

• Show Community Icons
    • Show Username at Top
    • Show Down Votes
    • Show Page Endings

Large Posts

• Show Voting Buttons

Compact Posts

• Thumbnail Size
    • Thumbnail Position
    • Show Voting Buttons
    • Voting Buttons Position

Comments

• Show Down Votes

Media

• Show GIF Progress
    • GIF Scrubbing

Community List

• Show Community Icons

Face ID & Passcode

• Lock with Face ID & Passcode

Filters & Blocks

• Filter Keywords
    • Filter Communities
    • Filter Instances
    • Block Uses

Gestures

• Left Short Swipe
    • Left Long Swipe
    • Right Short Swipe
    • Right Long Swipe

Comments

• Left Short Swipe
    • Left Long Swipe
    • Right Short Swipe
    • Right Long Swipe

Other

• Disable Left Swipes
    • Disable Right Swipes
    • Disable Navigation Gestures
    • Long Swipe Trigger Point
    • Swipe Anywhere To Go Back
  • Moon Cat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Hello!

1. Lemmy is international social platform with multi languages community, so it was very cool, if you integrated with system translate service (or add text selecting tools).
    2. If it possible add icon status for post like this:

Ps: i have empty “my subscription” feed. “Local feed” and “all feed” working well. I tried Logout and reinstall Lemma, and no result. Can you propose any idea?

Thank you for Lemma!

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Thanks for the feedback! Translating would indeed be a very cool option, but as far I I know translating API’s are paid. I will definitely double check this, but implementing the option to select text will be something I for sure add to my list.

As for the percentage score, I’m guessing that’s comparing the amount of upvotes against the amount of downvotes?

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I gotta be honest that I’m not too familiar with all the available moderation tools, but it’s a great suggestion! I agree that it makes sense that mod tools should be one of the next things to tackle. I’d have to research the available tools, but it sounds like a fun challenge (:

• loopy@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

The only major things I would want to add from the list above are text size options (maybe eventually fonts), toggle feed thumbnail left/right/off (use my phone lefty, so having the thumbnail on the right is more convenient), and default feed (subscribed/local/all).

• 3arn0wl@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I’m enjoying the Lemmy experience, and offer thanks for the work done.

The only thing I would note, is that contributors often post the same thing in different communities. I was wondering if it might be better to have the facility to choose more than one community when we post, and then the information just appears once in the “All” roll.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Thanks for the kinds words! Lemma implements the same feed filtering with regards to cross posts as the official Lemmy UI, this is however a good reminder that I still need to show the alternative cross post versions when viewing a particular post!

• Hikiru@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

1: disable the UI stuff hiding when you scroll down 2: change the comment jump to work more like apollo. Add haptics to press, and make long press go back a comment by default with a setting to use long press to move it. Also, for the long press to jump setting, let people choose if it’s on the left or right.

• mrcleanup@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Replace “nsfw” with “flags” and have sub-categories like nudity, gore, politics, contentious, assault, self harm, etc.

Bonus points for the ability to blur or hide specific sub-categories.

• orangeNgreen@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

An aesthetic that I like is when the title of a post has larger font than the body, and when images don’t quite go edge to edge. Would those options be possible?