• abbadon420@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I tried Jerboa, Liftoff and Connect Connect is the best one so far. I’m inclined to try Boost and Sync, those are repurposed reddit apps, but Connect is pretty decent.

• _Tom_@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think it’s just that the whole Lemmy thing is a lot more disjointed. Like, I can’t see a nice list of subs, or even necessarily search for them. I have to know they exist and then search for them using their exact address. Quite cumbersome.

I understand the want for the whole federated thing but may have a central point where federation submit to have theirs catalogued? I dunno. Its making this whole thing very cumbersome and I’m not entirely sold on it yet.

• _Tom_@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I clicked than link and it opened a web browser with a list of instances but what I could do from that list is incredibly unclear

• Redditsucks1@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, I tried Jerboa and wasn’t a fan. Very buggy. Now on Connect and it feels like the UI of RIF. But it will take me a while to get used to this new world.

• DONTputghouls@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I also think connect is closest, although there’s functionality I’m really missing right now, like being able to save posts, hide posts, and sort comment sections by new/best/controversial.

Also, idk if it’s a bug, but a lot of the posts I look at don’t show as read after clicking them.