I’m pretty new to magic, I’ve been playing commander for just over a month now. I pretty much exclusively play 1v1 with my friend since he’s the only other person I know who plays commander and isn’t a dick. I picked up the Fae dominion precon and have slightly modded it with stuff I’ve pulled from packs but it’s still mostly the same deck.

My friend plays Mono-white angels, he runs [[Sephara, Sky’s Blade]] as his commander with [[Avacyn, Angel of Hope]] in the 99 and he seems almost unbeatable since his win-con is getting out 2 cards, one of which is his commander, and he has multiple artifacts and enchantments that tutor for angels, buff his angels and let him gain life like no tomorrow, and he can summon plenty of tokens which are then made indestructible. I can deal damage early game but he always just gains it back and gets his winning combo out right before I can deal lethal damage.

As I understand, there’s not a whole lot I can do within Dimir to deal with his artifacts and enchantments but some tips on improving my deck or just links to better deck lists(which stay relatively cheap) would be appreciated. I’m not married to faeries but I do enjoy black so any deck lists would ideally include black, whether mono or mixed.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/to-jmuG0s0GCFfRDLnPfgA

• NotSoSuperSaiyan@mtgzone.comOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 个月前

Thanks for all the advice, I know I’ve not been playing optimally but I think I may have been getting a bit salty and blaming my deck when I seem to have enough tools to deal with the 2 main threats.

I was under the impression that because of the indestructible his creatures would survive negative counters unless they were permanent, indestructible seems a lot less daunting now as I thought my only options were to exile the big 2 or make him sac them.

Thanks for the card recommendations too, I’ll definitely pick some of them up.