The chief justice doesn’t like his conservative Supreme Court colleagues getting called out for judicial overreach.

• IHeartBadCode@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Is this really the content that we want for @news ?

There is an up/down vote button for you to express that POV on the post itself. I get what you’re attempting to do, but as someone mentioned, this isn’t Reddit you have open the ability to create your own @news. Hell, I encourage you to. A nonhomogeneous mix is actually healthier in the long run. And, at least for my part, now you have the answer to why someone down voted you.

Also, no one likes the explicitly @-ing folks who down voted you. Yes, you can see who down votes you but I feel, you should perhaps use the saying of “with great power comes great responsibility.” Maybe ask “openly” why you’re being down voted. @-ing the folks, and remember this is solely my subjective opinion, that’s not cool.

Also, no one owes you an explanation of jack crap. And that applies “in general.” Yes, it’s better when someone explains their position to you and what not. But no one OWES you an explanation. I think that’s what rubs me with the @-ing folks wrong here. None of those people HAVE TO explain themselves, it’d be great if they did, but you are not owed it and that is a very important distinction.

• PabloDiscobar@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

There is an up/down vote button for you to express that POV on the post itself.

NO.

There is a reason why we have different magazines with different names. Got to @USpolitics or @politicus. How many more political subs do you need? When we register for @news it’s not to get yet another american political shenanigans. You really think that someone from Italy registered to @news to hear about what your governor or potus or whatever wizard said to his king? Use your magazines! What is wrong with you? We are not your audience.

Let’s invite some people from lemmy.ml and see if you agree to follow their votes. They have news too, do you want to hear from them? Of course not! So change your tone.

Also, no one owes you an explanation of jack crap. And that applies “in general.”

I don’t care, I will keep callout you out on your bullshit. block me if you want. After all, you said yourself that there is an upvote/downvote button, well there is also a block button, please use it, but I will keep calling you out anyway. Post your political soap opera to your political magazine, end of the story.

• Izzgo@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

@news describes itself as

Breaking news and current events worldwide.

America is in the world. As is Africa, Asia, South America, etc. Perhaps you should talk to the mods of @news and see if they won’t change their rules for submissions. Maybe you want it limited to big, important, European, and most critically non-American news? The front page of that magazine currently has the earthshaking news that Italy is offering the Colosseum for Elon and Mark to duke it out in. And that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen is fighting with Meta. And that a well known Oscar winner has died. Would none of those articles have been submitted before the Reddit migration?