The chief justice doesn’t like his conservative Supreme Court colleagues getting called out for judicial overreach.

• PabloDiscobar@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m thinking you should probably stop speaking on behalf of everyone. I am not American but I do care that millions of Americans are losing their rights. I care that US businesses got over a trillion in PPP loan forgiveness but that the same can’t be extended to 40 million individuals and their student loans for education they are almost forced to have if they want a shot at making more than minimum wage and even then, it’s not a guarantee.

Stop importing US problems in your own country. Nothing meaningful happens in your country? You still have to indulge into america politics even with the @news magazine? What is so hard with posting US political news in one of the US political magazines? Tell me!

Have a look at the frontpage of @news, we are at around 50% of american news and most of it is political.

I’m not a refugee but I care that the Greek government effectively let hundreds die rather than assist them.

I’m not French but I am interested in the riots happening there.

I’m not Russian, Ukrainian, or even European but I want to know what is happening with the occupation of Ukraine, the coup attempt, and what other countries are doing to ensure the Russia doesn’t violate NATO and the repercussions if they do.

We can fill the frontpage of news with french political news, should we? Of course not.

At least post it in @politics. So far absolutely no one could argue why political news weren’t posted to @political instead.

• brownpaperbag@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Again, why do you believe you get to narrow the scope of what news is to everyone else? You are welcome to create your own magazines that talk about exactly what you want and block the ones that aren’t what you want to engage with.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

And this magazine is @news.

Why don’t YOU take your content and publish it into the magazine that was designed for it in the first place?

I will tell you: popularity! You don’t want to read USpolitics because it’s not popular, you want the buzz

Also, if you were a little bit coherent with what you said, you would agree with me. You said:

I’m not a refugee but I care that the Greek government effectively let hundreds die rather than assist them.

I’m not French but I am interested in the riots happening there.

I’m not Russian, Ukrainian, or even European but I want to know what is happening with the occupation of Ukraine, the coup attempt, and what other countries are doing to ensure the Russia doesn’t violate NATO and the repercussions if they do.

So you pretend to care about what happens outside of the USA, but look at the results on news:

Zelensky, 5 upvotes

Uruguay, 3 upvotes

Sweden, 3 upvotes

Cambodia, 2 upvotes.

Israel 7

China 8

Australia 5

Germany 8

Scotland 7

uk 9

Colombia 5

meanwhile, prostitution in Maine 80

supreme court total around 500

See? This is american redditors pushing their political content in the news feed and pushing the content you wanted to see down the frontpage. What do you think of this?

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Still, my opinion is the only one justified. Read the comments, see by yourself. I gave a chance to anyone who downvoted me to voice his opinion and all I saw was miss and miss.