I’m doing a slow transition… RIP Apollo

• boysandwich@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Of the apps you’ve tested, which ones do you prefer? I like wefwef because it’s the most Apollo like and Memmy because it’s also Apollo like and the search has some pretty neat features.

• bdonvr@thelemmy.club
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

WefWef is the best so far IMO

Memmy is a close second, but doesn’t feel as much like Apollo as WefWef does

Mlem has the most potential I think but just isn’t quite there yet

• adj16@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

While I definitely have preferred Memmy to Mlem, I think a factor in the release schedule is that Memmy is one dev with a handful of contributors and can release whenever he wants. Mlem is a whole team, likely following some sort of contribution/build/release cycle, so they aren’t as free to release ad-hoc. I think their releases will be less frequent, but more substantial. Memmy hit the ground running, but I think there’s a real chance Mlem jumps well ahead of Memmy in the next month or so.

I’d like to be wrong! Because I like the look/feel of Memmy a lot more. But the next month will be telling.

• LazaroFilm@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

For simple browsing wefwef is nice and fast since it’s really lightweight. Otherwise Memmy has been my go to app.

• velourium_camper@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think I’m favouring Memmy of the TestFlight apps. Although I like Thunder’s markdown preview. Otherwise wefwef feels like home

• FlippyFlopp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

If I could get that Apollo style subscription list that wefwef has on memmy and fusing a few thing between wefwef and memmy I’d a be happy, sure a few more Apollo features while still making it your own, but happy nonetheless

• dm21@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve only tried Wefwef so far (as far as Lemmy goes) but it’s basically so good and so familiar feeling that I’m not sure I feel the need to try anything else