In 2015, Billingsley was sentenced to 30 years in prison, with 16 years suspended, after he pleaded guilty to a first-degree sex offense, court records show.

The Maryland sex offender registry shows he was released from prison in October. The registry classified him in “tier 3,” which includes the most serious charges and requires offenders to register for life.

• Kofu@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

It would be hard to do that with the current system. Which means it would require a complete overhaul of the justice system, which I would argue is something that is desperately needed. There are too many corrupt individuals on all level of the system that needs correcting.

Look at BTK he is just sitting there in prison, just chilling allowed to live while his victims are not.

I guess I’m riled up but the Chad Doerman documents I watch because, 3 kids man, 3 kids that did nothing dead and he did not give one shit. His wife was wounded as she lay trying to protect them right there on the front lawn. Maybe its retribution i wish but I just know why he is allowed to live.

Fixing our judicial system is arguably easier to fix than the human condition. We need to help people out of poverty, we need to give people their basic needs, they need education, heathcare and a whole host of things, housing, jobs, the list goes on. I would say if people had access to proper service and live reasonable life will eliminate a lot of crime. Can we do that?