• gk99@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

For all their complaining about safe spaces, they’re the ones who seemingly need it the most.

Probably because reality is left-leaning.

• TheThemFatale@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Like their appeals to “basic biology”, when actual basic biology is still trans-supportive.

• littleblue✨@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

They’d lose their little minds at the countless species that shift gender when necessitated by circumstance, not to mention the ones that generally propagate their line by mating with themselves. Don’t even get me started about the evolutionary origins of “labyrinthine vaginas” or the necro proclivities of sea otters. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Simply put: a healthy reading habit is a great inoculation against idiocy. Critical thinking is invaluable.

edit: I’m not drawing a line between any of that, except to point out that a lack of knowledge is no foundation for loud opinions.

• littleblue✨@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

For real, though. I hope I’m alive to see the archaeological science tech improve to the point we can finally uncover the story about that mystery baby-daddy: was he a local, and that’s why they left town? Maybe he was a traveling sandal salesman (there’s a lot of foot washing in that book, just sayin’), and Joseph got wind he was spotted in Bethlehem? Somebody’s got that ancient tea, and I wanna sip!

• watson387@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

The problem is that these people are stupid by design. Republicans have been cutting funding for schools all over the country for a lot of years now. They need people to be dumb or they’d never vote for them.

• Morcyphr@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Your statement falls into at least one of the many logical fallacies. Many species do many things that humans don’t. Humans do many things that other species don’t. It’s a dishonest comparison. I don’t necessarily disagree with your reasoning behind it, but there are better arguments to be made.

• Revan343@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

a lack of knowledge is no foundation for loud opinions

In my experience a lack of knowledge is the main foundation for loud opinions. Those who have more knowledge tend to be quieter, and more willing to rethink their opinions when presented with an opposing argument