• Tarlia@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

What y’all looking forward to this month? I’m just glad to clear off a bunch of work stuff and I got various craft and preloved markets to look forward to.

• dukeGR4@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

teaching my partner how to drive stick, it’s really difficult to do it with a newer car. the anti-stall feature is super unintuitive for beginners because they couldn’t appreciate where the biting point is.

for example, i brought her to a slight incline to let her experience engaging and disengaging the clutch, but really - she’s just toggling the on-off switch for the ECU to add throttle to prevent stalling.

• OyenFuton@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Learned stick but drive auto nowadays and probably forgotten how to drive stick. But I can feel your words, reminds me of learning my my Dad’s old Saga where the biting point is very specific. Stalled it most of the time XD. Edit: grammar and double typed

• dukeGR4@monyet.cc
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

i learned mine on the Perodua Viva, was clapped as fuck and the clutch was made of a bucket of shit and chewing gum or sth so loose.

during exam they had the new Viva and it was so tight and snug, stalled the car lol.

• OyenFuton@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Same here, nostrils were bombarded with the smell of haze the moment I swung open the window expecting it to be a chilly day. Ruined it completely smh.

Edit: typos, I hate typing on my phone XD

• Naomikho@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Hang in there buddy. I woke up and I feel like I want to go back to sleep 🌚

Funnily enough, I slept for only 4hours yesterday and I felt more awake than ever. I think it’s my sleep cycle causing issues because I tend to be stuck in a dream at about the time I usually wake of I sleep 7/8 hours.

• OldManGenghis@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Driving an EV that have no creep feature is weird as it is driving it up a 4 post ram is terrifying. I know there is a setting but the owner set the car in Chinese so I just had to deal with it.