• jopepa@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

My favorite part was when the camera panned from sad trump and stunned lawyers to the prosecution just trying not to laugh and cheer.

• grabyourmotherskeys@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I don’t see how this could come as a suprise to anyone as it was common knowledge of you follow this stuff that they failed to request a jury. I think hearing it in court would be like “ok, it’s official”.

There’s really no way out for Trump in this one, now, from what I understand.

I’m guessing his lawyers did not tell him what happened, were playing dumb, and are hoping he’s too clueless to realize it’s their fault he can’t even hope for a lone, contrarian jury member to get him out of this.

• Cataphract@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Below the title and above the first paragraph there is a video player that runs a 55 second clip, it’s in the last 10 seconds. I’m unsure if that 10 seconds is from that moment though, really only see one person who seems elated but I could be wrong.

• Sowhatever
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Interesting, big blank space fir me. No adblocks or anything either…

• Cataphract@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            9 months ago

Hmm interesting indeed, if it helps it’s a “JW player 8.28.1” (homepage link). The video in question has a share link with this. Could be a network you’re on blocking it, I see these video players the most on news sites and unfortunately recipe sites as well. I don’t think you’re missing out on a lot with not seeing these types of plague video players that pop up in a corner if you try to scroll past it though lol.