• Justchilling@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I travel by train sometimes yet i’ve never seen a train remotely full here in my life. I’ve seen fuller trains going to the alpes than than those going to Amsterdam. This may be different during rush hours but outside of the rush hours trains are quite empty.

• jayemecee@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m literally sitting on a train from Utrecht to ams. The previous one was so full that security needs to tell people to stop pushing. This one is also so full there are 0 free spots and the middle of the carriage is full too. Maybe it is you who don’t travel by train that much over here, no?

• TinaGurner@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

It has been an absolute shit show this evening though. Just spent two hours at Amsterdam Centraal trying to get back to Utrecht. Got on about 8 different trains and they all ended up cancelled.

• jayemecee@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Oof, I feel you, came to see the champions league at a friend’s house, hope the trains have normalized by the end of the games

• Justchilling@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

Isn’t that a rail problem instead of a usage problem? I’ve heard of rail incidents happening all of the time, along with the occasional strike of course.

• DeLift@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

My experience is quite the opposite, but then again I’m always taking the train during rush hour

• Justchilling@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Seem’s fair. I just think the fact that the non rush hour traffic is so low is making the Netherlands be lower on the list. I wasn’t exaggerating when I said that I saw fuller trains going to literal mountains.