IOS - ?

• matzah@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Using mlem as we speak, but it sure is dry. I’d love an Apollo-style client for Lemmy. (Christian, if you see this, please.)

• rhabarba@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I wonder if Lemmy’s (and thus the Fediverse’s) target audience is even willing to spend money on apps. Even the makers of Tweetbot are having a hard time competing with Ivory against the numerous free alternatives.

• rhabarba@feddit.de
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

There were no really good free Reddit apps for iOS. Apollo hit a niche. A free Lemmy app would at least have to compete with Mlem and the time frame is narrow until the market is flooded (see also: Mastodon’s three months from 0 to 7262952 apps).

• NotaCat@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Hopefully mlem gets new features added. I don’t know how to subscribe to new communities on it or see replies to my comments so I use the browser as well.

• coalbus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I hope they add compact view. I like knowing the exact boundaries of each post or item on the feed. With the way that posts get expanded based on whether it’s a text post, image, or link, it makes it hard for my lil brain to digest.

• Tunaboots@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This may be a dumb question, but how do I install this from GitHub? Do I need to jailbreak or have an apple dev account?

• softhat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Indeed and it’s pretty good honestly, which is impressive considering how young Lemmy is.

Give it time and we’re going to have some really excellent options.

• Joe B@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I will donate when I get home. I’m loving the whole lemmy thing in general. super easy to login find communities particpate etc… I can’t believe what reddit did but i’m liking this

• YellowtoOrange@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

If good people come over it may surpass reddit, as long as they make the signup/explanation of the federated model as easy as possible as there’s a hiccup of a learning curve.

• Joe B@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yep, I noticed that submitting post and comments take a while to submit but i’m willing to go with it. Loving it here

• OptimusPrime@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Bullshit. As if the people training the LLMs are the same ones building the datasets. And once the dataset is built it can be used to trained all models so it doesn’t affect them.