How did it go? Any recommendations?

• nachof@feddit.cl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It was my birthday on Saturday, so I was able to get a few friends to come home and play a few games with me. We got these to the table:

Cross Clues: Fun warmup game. Easy to integrate people midgame, which happened because a couple of people were running late. Also, my kids (8 and 5) got to play too, even if the 5 year old couldn’t think of a clue (and one of my friends had to bite his tongue and not say the very nsfw clue he was thinking of).

Scape Goat: This game shouldn’t work as well as it does. It’s too simple, but still manages to get you paranoid. Also, you need to make sure you read the grid correctly, or you might target the wrong goat, which two of us did. Still, it was fun.

Derby: Simple horse betting game. Not a lot of depth to it, but it was fun. I like the illustrations Maldón (the publisher) usually does, but I think they could have made a better job of differentiating the colors. I wouldn’t play this with bad lighting.

Codenames: Pictures: A classic. Also could involve the kids, so that was fun.

Article 27: I hadn’t played this in ages. It’s a fun negotiation game.

In all, we had fun. Next time I hope I can get something more meaty, but it was still fun.