• witchOfTheEast@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Great Western Trail was new to us when we bought the 2nd edition and it’s a top 5 now.

Tiletum – we really love Lorenzo il Magnifico and Tiletum although a bit lighter is just as fun.

Furnace is a neat filler. I’m interested to see what the expansion adds and whether it elevates it to a mainstay.

• donio@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I like your picks! Make sure to check out Newton if haven’t already. I almost passed it over because of the boring looking box and only picked it up because of a sale and “well, it’s a Luciani, can’t be too bad”.
      It’s one of our favorites now. It has tracks and map (and a tree!) similar to Tiletum, card market and play which is different from Lorenzo but very cool in its own way and neat interactions between parts of the board. The 2nd edition has some expansions included that are easy to mix in. There is also a digital version on Yucata.

What’s your usual player count? I skipped Furnace so far because I am not sure how well it would work at 2.

• witchOfTheEast@vlemmy.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll check it out.

We play mostly at 2. Furnace functions, but obviously isn’t its best at 2 players. It becomes a tiny bit Chess like b/c you can often see exactly, “If I place this number there, that’ll force this and there will force that”. I still quite enjoy it and would play it for a quick game or two on an evening when we’re not up for crunching a bigger title. But I don’t know that I would recommend it for just 2p (unless you found a good deal).