We are contacting you regarding a past Prime Video purchase(s). The below content is no longer playable on Prime Video.

In an effort to compensate you for the inconvenience, we have applied a £5.99 Amazon Gift Card to your account. The Gift Card amount is equal to the amount you paid for the Prime Video purchase(s). To apologize for the inconvenience, we’ve also added an Amazon Gift Certificate of £5 to your account. Your Gift Card balance will be automatically applied to your next eligible order. You can view your balance and usage history in Your Account here:

• parsiuk@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

You know where Amazon (and any other company for that matter) can’t pull content from? My Jellyfin instance. Yo-ho-ho!

• UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

True. But your jellyfish instance only really works for you and a few trusted friends/neighbors. I would still like a comprehensive library that I can browse and select from at a moment’s notice.

The infuriating nature of Amazon / Hollywood / IP law / etc, is that these two combined goals are inimicable to the profit motive. I can’t have access to a big public library of continent, because that means someone else won’t be able to collect the real-time maximal market-rate from me to access it.

Shit happens. Tech breaks. You forget where you leave things. People outside your social circle (people you’ll never know existed) will want access to that same media at some future date. And Jellyfin doesn’t get them that.

• parsiuk@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

But your jellyfish instance only really works for you

Yes, and that’s the whole point of it. It works even if my internet access goes down, and kids are screaming for their cartoons. Peace of mind.