Whether the ever popular elves and dwarves or sapient non-human creatures of your own creation, many worlds include fantastical people of all sorts. Did you choose to include any in your world, and if so what are they like?

• Bryggyth@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ventreth

There are 7 major fantasy races living on the main continent of my world. They are all very human-like, but all with something small which makes them slightly unique.

• Eiloth: Basically humans, but with the ability to heal from any non-lethal injury. Even if they lose an entire limb, they will eventually recover as if nothing ever happened.

• Forla: I originally planned for them to be elves, but their defining factors have become that 1/3 of the population are hermaphrodites, and that appearance is not related to biological sex at all.

• Dorac: Dragon people who evolved from forla, so in addition to everything above they also have dragon-like horns, wings, and tail. Their wings aren’t enough on their own to fly, but combined with some magic they are capable of it.

• Kolain: Cat people, which can be anywhere from humans with cat ears and tail to sapient cats. They have better vision compared to the other sapient races.

• Taluu: Bunny people, all of which are just humans with bunny ears and tail. They naturally have a faster reaction time than other races.

• Ikijin: Foxes which created transformation magic to take on a human-like form, but retained their fox ears and tails. They are roughly divided into the more northern red ikijin and southern arctic ikijin.

• Zwolx: Wolves which imperfectly copied the transformation magic of the ikijin, resulting in many distinct regional differences such as floppy ears and curled tails. Yes this is a joke about dog breeds.

If anyone has any feedback, I’d love to hear it! I am fairly attached to all of them at this point and don’t plan to remove any of them, but I’m totally open to changing them up a bit. Especially the names, I’m still not sure how I feel about those.