Apollo founder Christian Selig said he’s “heartbroken” about pulling the plug on the third-party app following Reddit’s API pricing changes.

• ChamrsDeluxe@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Once Bacon Reader died, I stopped. It’s sad. I was subbed to a lot of fun and interesting subreddits. But fuck spez, that greedy little pig boy. Lemmy seems like reddit lite for the moment, but I’m sure it will grow.

• Rickk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yup same here with RIF gone, fuck that and fuck spez. The sad thing is that Reddit is so old that there’s always little niche subs that have a lot of mileage that are really nice to figure out new stuff. Like I was looking at Add-ons for Kodi in my last days and probably will still have to resort to go there once in a while for stuff like that.

• RagingRobot@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I am kind of liking it with less people. It’s more like how reddit used to be when I joined. You could have really great conversations with people.

• StaticElectricity@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I barely use Reddit since Bacon Reader has been offline. The official Reddit app is garbage. I’m enjoying using Lemmy with the Connect app, but I wish the Bacon Reader team would create an app for Lemmy.

• Blamemeta@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Might be confirmation bias, but theres a lot more baconreader representation than usual. I wonder if theres a reason for it, or if its in my head.