For those self-hosting a lemmy instance, what hardware are you using? I am currently using a small Hetzner VPS. It has 2 vCPU, 2GB RAM and 40GB SSD storage. My instance is currently just in testing with me as the only user, but I plan to use it for close friends or family that may want to try this out, but might not want to sign up for a different instance. My CPU and RAM usage is great so far. My only concern is how large the storage will balloon to over time. I’ve been up for ~20 hours and it’s grown to 1.5G total volume since.

• ubergeek77@lemmy.ubergeek77.chat
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Ahhhh, image posts are where your usage is going! Makes sense, my instance is just for my account and I don’t submit anything. Your postgres size is more or less in line with where mine was at your uptime. I’m using Docker Compose so I’m only considering the size of the volumes in my metrics, not the image sizes or anything.

• culturerevolt@culture0.ccOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, images are where the main bulk of the storage is going. Interestingly, my instance is also just for my account presently and I have not submitted any images until my screenshot above. So these images are just those that are being pulled from other instances. I was under the impression that images were hosted from their respective instance and not saved locally, so I am curious to see how this plays out long term.