In recent years, the dating scene for men has declined and degraded in quality for any number of reasons - dating apps commodifying relationships, women developing unrealistic standards, etc…

If sexbots were to come to market which could convincingly emulate personalities and human behavior, would you completely switch over to them and stop trying to date real women?

Or would sexbots just be an occasional “fling” or something you would avoid entirely?

• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Can I have both?

I think we aren’t that far away from AI companions. We already had Replika, and AI research did a leap forward this year. For simple conversations and roleplay, we’re already there.

Now we need affordable androids. I would like something like Boston Dynamics’ Atlas that can do a backflip but I’m pretty sure i can’t even afford their dog robot.

Concerning the ‘sexbot’: If your main concern is sex: I don’t think you need that much scifi for sex. There are dolls made from silicone. Maybe buy one of those in the meantime. I doubt they have any advanced robotics included, but this may not be necessary for this task (YMMV). I think we need to wait quite some time before they can do a backflip or fetch coffee.