• Hot Saucerman@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

This has got real “A cauliflower is nothing but a cabbage with a college education” energy.

• CubitOom@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I guess my espresso absinthe martini is the one that did psychedelics when they studied abroad.

• CubitOom@infosec.pub
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Place a couple ice cubes in the glass first. Then,

• 15 g absinthe, stir till opaque
        • 20 g cocchi Americano
        • 10 g grand Marnier
        • 5 g hazelnut syrup
        • double shot of espresso (mine is dialed in at 36 grams)

Admittedly, it’s a bit light on the absinthe.

I also recommend using a German/Austrian absinthe if possible.

I call it “the early bird gets the wormword” but I’m not too inlove with the name.

• CubitOom@infosec.pub
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Yeah, it’s all in grams.

It’s just a very small increment so it’s more useful than ounces for me (maybe this goes back into the whole study abroad thing, although I never did that).

And even though it’s all liquid, I find it a lot easier to measure by weight than using a measuring cup or jigger.

Especially if making fresh espresso, I’m going to dial in my shot by weight anyway so I don’t make bitter espresso. So I’ll have a cheap scale that is accurate within 0.01 grams at the ready.

• sadcoconut@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Took me longer than I’d care to admit to figure out Red Bull vodka is another name for vodka Red Bull.

• Johnhones@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

But the joke here is also commenting on the vibe of an espresso martini in relation to a vodka redbull. The latter is seen as a bit more of a trashy drink while the former has a fancier vibe. I love an Irish coffee, but the metaphor would change to something like the Irish coffee being a vodka redbull that travelled europe during the winter.

JD and coke has same sorta of vibe as the vodka redbull, but coke has a lot less caffeine.

Not heard of Nutty Spaniards, googled 3 recipes and none had any caffeine mixer I could see. Red wine, sherry, almond mixer and orange bitters.

• Stuka@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Umm…yes it does?

I’m really worried if yall are grown ass adults and can’t see the connection here…

• can@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Vodka-e? Vodka-energy? I don’t think something like that would allowed where I’m from anymore

• MissJinx@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Vodka with super chilled Red bull cranberry. So many amazing summer nights. That’s why I lost my iphone on a porta potty and was so fucked up I thought someone stole it, and then kept parting until the morning no fucks given.

• Mothra@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

How come? They taste nothing like each other and the effects on my body are also different